For this week’s Simple Stamping Sunday card, I used the Humming Along stamp set. This set was one that I received when I attended OnStage in Orlando in November. I love the big bold flower and the detailed hummingbird. I also like the simply stated sentiments! The black lines of this set make it perfect for coloring with Stampin’ Blends Markers, which is what I used to add most of the color on this card!
You can see the whole Humming Along stamp set below:
It really is a beautiful set!
Here’s the color combo I used:
The following supplies were used to make this card:
- Humming Along stamp set
- Very Vanilla Notecards and Envelopes
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink pad
- Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blends Markers Combo Pack
- Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends Markers Combo Pack
- Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends Markers Combo Pack
- Grapefruit Grove Ink Refill
- Aqua Painter
Instructions for making this card are as follows:
- Stamp the flower and sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Let dry.
- Color the flower in Poppy Parade and Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends. Color the center stamen of the plant with Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends.
- Add one drop of Grapefruit Grove ink refill to a clean stamping block. Drop a few drops of water onto the block with an Aqua painter and swirl together to mix.
- Use the wet Aqua Painter to splatter ink spots from the bottom right corner up to the upper left corner of the card. Let dry.
- Stamp and color the envelope to match (if desired).
And that’s it! It’s that simple!
Even with only a few basic supplies, you can make really beautiful cards! I hope you’ll give Simple Stamping a try!
Thanks for stopping by today!