For this week’s Simple Stamping card, I used the Little Twinkle stamp set to make a Valentine’s Day card! The Little Twinkle set has been used primarily for new baby cards and projects…and up until this point, I had only used it for that as well. But for January’s Simple Stamping Challenge from Stampin’ Up!, we were asked to make a Valentine’s Day card, and I wanted to mix it up a bit. So I figured I would try using the set for that instead!
Normally, a Simple Stamping card uses only a card base, one stamp set, and ink. But for this month’s challenge, we were allowed to use a punch too. So for this card, I used the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch to make the little hearts. Using the punched hearts adds just a tiny bit of extra detail that really makes the card pop!
Here are step by step instructions for this card:
- Use an Aqua Painter to add a few drops of water to one drop of Pool Party ink. Swirl to mix and then brush on a light watercolor wash on the front of the card. Let dry.
- Stamp the heart image from the Little Twinkle set in Smoky Slate ink.
- Stamp the sentiment below the heart in Lovely Lipstick ink.
- Punch out four tiny hearts from Lovely Lipstick card stock using the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch. Apply to the card with the Fine Tip Glue Pen.
- Stamp your envelope to match (if desired).
While this card is definitely different for Valentine’s Day, I like it! I hope you do too!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!