As I mentioned at the end of last week, I have spent the last few days working on end of year treats/gifts for school personnel at my son’s school! I have finished the bus driver gifts, so I thought I would share!
These little Hershey Nugget treats were fun and easy to make! Each one has five school bus themed nuggets in a red tray. The tray is slipped into a 2 x 8 inch cello bag, and is topped with a printed thank you message.
I found these cute school bus nugget wrappers on Etsy. It was $2.99 for a digital download (PDF form) with 16 wrappers on it. I printed them out, then cut them with my paper cutter. Each one was wrapped around a nugget and secured with a small piece of scotch tape underneath. The wrappers were specifically designed for Hershey Nuggets, so they fit them perfectly! You can find the wrappers HERE.
Here are step by step instructions for this project:
- Purchase, print, and cut out wrappers.
- Wrap each Hershey Nugget, securing the wrapper underneath with a small piece of scotch tape (or your adhesive of choice).
- Cut a 2-1/2 x 5 inch piece of Real Red cardstock.
- Score the Real Red piece lengthwise at 1/4 inch and 2-1/4 inches.
- Fold the Real Red cardstock up along the score lines to form a tray.
- Attach each nugget to the tray using a Mini Glue Dot.
- Slip the tray and nuggets into a 2 x 8 inch cellophane bag.
- Type and print the thank you message on Whisper White cardstock.
- Cut out the thank you message with the Layering Squares Framelits using the Big Shot. (The scalloped square I used measures approximately 2 inches).
- Stamp Daffodil Delight stars using the star stamp from the Pick a Pennant stamp set.
- Cut a 2-1/4 x 4-1/2 inch piece of Basic Black cardstock. Score it at 2-1/4 inches. Fold in half.
- Trim 1 to 1-1/2 inches from the top of the cellophane bag.
- Place the trimmed end of the cello bag into the folded black piece and staple.
- Adhere the thank you message to the front of the black topper with Snail Adhesive.
I’m pretty pleased with how these came out! I hope the bus drivers like them, and I hope you do too! 🙂
Please check back this week for more school personnel gifts! I still need to make some for secretaries, custodians, cafeteria works, and the school nurse. I’ll post what I come up with!
Thanks for visiting today! Enjoy your day!