It’s time for our Color Fuser’s Blog hop for June! This month we are featuring projects made with Blueberry Bushel, Real Red, Gray Granite, and Basic Black! I am not going to lie, this color combo stumped me a little. Then I realized that these colors are perfect for nautical themed projects, so I decided to use the NEW Sailing Home Bundle, available beginning TOMORROW (June 4th) when the NEW 2019-2020 Annual Catalog goes live!
My card today is based on a design from OnStage in April. We made a notecard using this bundle, as well as other items from the new Come Sail Away Suite. For my card today, I made a full sized card and switched up the colors for this month’s challenge. I also added some different textures to add more detail to the card.
The Sailing Home bundle can be found on pages 11 and 145 in the new catalog! The bundle comes with the Sailing Home Stamp Set, as well as the Smooth Sailing Dies. Purchasing both items as the bundle will save you 10% off the cost of both separately! Other items that coordinate with the bundle include Designer Series Paper, embellishments, Memories & More cards, baker’s twine, and more!
Here are step by step instructions to make this card:
- Make a card base from Gray Granite cardstock.
- Cut a 4 x 5-1/4 inch piece of Basic Black card stock and emboss using the Corrugated 3D Embossing Folder and a die cutting and embossing machine.
- Cut a 3 inch x 4-1/2 inch piece of Whisper White card stock. Stamp all over the card stock with the compass stamp in Blueberry Bushel ink. Stamp off once each time to make it slightly lighter in color.
- Use the Stitched Rectangle Dies to cut a piece of Gray Granite card stock. The finished size of the piece I used (after cutting) is 2-5/8 x 4 inches, so you will need one slightly larger to cut from.
- Emboss the Gray Granite piece using the Subtle Embossing Folder.
- Stamp the lighthouse in Memento Black ink on Whisper White card stock and cut using the lighthouse die from the set.
- Stamp the sentiment in Real Red ink and cut with the stitched frame die from the set.
- Assemble all layers using Snail Adhesive.
- Embellish with Happiness Blooms Enamel shapes, as well as an anchor from the Sail Away Trinkets. My anchor is also tied with a small piece of Braided Linen Thread.
I hope you have enjoyed my project today! Whether you have hopped here from Tami Hewlett’s page, or just happened upon my card some other way, I hope you will check out the rest of the Color Fuser’s Team’s projects. Up next is Bonnie O’Neill!
Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy your day! 🙂
Here is this month’s full hop line up:
Nicolle Belesimo (YOU ARE HERE)