For 3D Thursday this week, Sarah Wills has created this amazing and FUN Graduation themed explosion box! Sarah has twin girls graduating from high school this year, so she definitely has graduation on her mind! Take a look at her awesome project:
When I saw Sarah’s project, I was in awe! Then I remembered that my niece is graduating from high school this year, so I am planning to make one for her! I will be sure to post that one once it’s done. Here’s a few more pictures of Sarah’s project:
Do you have any grads in your life? Want to make this project? Then feel free to download and print Sarah’s FREE project sheet HERE, or by clicking the image below! As soon as I am done writing this post, I’ll be printing it out myself!
I hope you have enjoyed Sarah’s project! Please check back next week for something new from one of our very talented Guest Designers!
Have a great day!
As I mentioned at the end of last week, I have spent the last few days working on end of year treats/gifts for school personnel at my son’s school! I have finished the bus driver gifts, so I thought I would share!
These little Hershey Nugget treats were fun and easy to make! Each one has five school bus themed nuggets in a red tray. The tray is slipped into a 2 x 8 inch cello bag, and is topped with a printed thank you message.
I found these cute school bus nugget wrappers on Etsy. It was $2.99 for a digital download (PDF form) with 16 wrappers on it. I printed them out, then cut them with my paper cutter. Each one was wrapped around a nugget and secured with a small piece of scotch tape underneath. The wrappers were specifically designed for Hershey Nuggets, so they fit them perfectly! You can find the wrappers HERE.
Here are step by step instructions for this project:
- Purchase, print, and cut out wrappers.
- Wrap each Hershey Nugget, securing the wrapper underneath with a small piece of scotch tape (or your adhesive of choice).
- Cut a 2-1/2 x 5 inch piece of Real Red cardstock.
- Score the Real Red piece lengthwise at 1/4 inch and 2-1/4 inches.
- Fold the Real Red cardstock up along the score lines to form a tray.
- Attach each nugget to the tray using a Mini Glue Dot.
- Slip the tray and nuggets into a 2 x 8 inch cellophane bag.
- Type and print the thank you message on Whisper White cardstock.
- Cut out the thank you message with the Layering Squares Framelits using the Big Shot. (The scalloped square I used measures approximately 2 inches).
- Stamp Daffodil Delight stars using the star stamp from the Pick a Pennant stamp set.
- Cut a 2-1/4 x 4-1/2 inch piece of Basic Black cardstock. Score it at 2-1/4 inches. Fold in half.
- Trim 1 to 1-1/2 inches from the top of the cellophane bag.
- Place the trimmed end of the cello bag into the folded black piece and staple.
- Adhere the thank you message to the front of the black topper with Snail Adhesive.
I’m pretty pleased with how these came out! I hope the bus drivers like them, and I hope you do too! 🙂
Please check back this week for more school personnel gifts! I still need to make some for secretaries, custodians, cafeteria works, and the school nurse. I’ll post what I come up with!
Thanks for visiting today! Enjoy your day!