It’s time for another Color Fusers Blog Hop! This month, we have a gorgeous combination of Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, and Early Espresso!
For some reason, when I think of pink with shades of brown and ivory, I think of vintage, lacy things. So when I was designing my card for this month, I went with that theme. I used Early Espresso card stock for the base, then layered it with Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride, and Very Vanilla on top. The card is embellished with a lacy bow and a shimmery pink flower.
Measurements for this card are as follows:
Early Espresso card stock card base: 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 inches (scored at 4-1/4 inches and folded in half)
Sahara Sand card stock layer: 3-3/4 x 5 inches
Blushing Bride card stock layer: 3-5/8 x 4-7/8 inches
Very Vanilla card stock top layer: 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 inches
Blushing Bride die cut heart: 2-1/4 x 2-3/8 inches
Blushing Bride blossom: 1 inch (approximate)
Sahara Sand card stock sentiment piece: 1/2 x 2 inches (approximate)
While the overall layout of this card is very simple, I added a number of details to dress it up a bit:
- The corners on the base are stamped with leaves in Versamark ink.
- The top layer is embossed using the Scripty 3D embossing folder.
- The flower was crinkled and then coated in Wink of Stella to give it some extra texture, shimmer, and shine.
- A Frosted Flower Embellishment with a tiny pearl was added to the center of the flower.
- Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim was added, along with a bow to finish it off!
While Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, I plan to use this card for an upcoming wedding. This card could definitely be used for Valentine’s Day, though, as well as an anniversary, engagement, or bridal shower!
I hope you have enjoyed my project today! Please continue to the next stop on this month’s hop, which is Melanie Hockin’s page. I can’t wait to see what she has created this month!
Have a great day!
Here is the full hop line up for February:
Jo Anne Hewins
Nicolle Belesimo (YOU ARE HERE)