This week for 3D Thursday, we are switching things up a bit! Instead of featuring only one project, we are doing a blog hop with all FOUR of the 3D Thursday designers! To see all of our projects, just “hop” from one blog to the next using the “next” button at the bottom of each designer’s post. All of our projects today will feature the Mini Paper Pumpkin Boxes!
For my project, I used the Mini Paper Pumpkin boxes to create gift packaging for essential oils. I have a good friend who is the essential oil QUEEN! She uses them all the time, and she is also an avid crafter. She (normally) does a lot of craft fairs and vendor shows, and often makes cute packaging for her oils, as well as for the products she makes with them. So this project is inspired by her!
These boxes are the perfect size to fit six 5 ml bottles of oils OR five 15 ml bottles. (I used Young Living oils for my project, but other brands may be different in size.) I chose six of my favorites, and plan to give a few of these as Christmas gifts this year. The bottles are small, so when they are lined up in the box, there is some empty space near the top. To fill that space, I printed out a description of each oil and some of its uses, then trimmed the paper to the width of the box. I then rolled it up and tied it with some ribbon and a small gift tag. It fits perfectly in that unused space, and is a nice way to finish this project!
To decorate the outside of the box, I used wood grain print paper from the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper. (I also lined the inside of the box with the same paper. ) I created the wreath using the Wreath Builder Dies, and used paper from the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper behind it. The “Peace” sentiment was made with the Joy Dies.
Here’s a quick list of step-by-step instructions for this project:
- Cut two 3-1/2 x 5-1/4 inch pieces of woodgrain paper from the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper. Adhere one to the top of the box and one on the bottom of the inside of the box.
- Cut a 2 x 5-1/4 inch strip of Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper and adhere across the top of the box.
- Cut the wreath pieces using the Wreath Builder Dies and Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine. (I used Pear Pizzazz for the bottom layer of my wreath and Garden Green for the top.) Cut the bow pieces from Real Red cardstock.
- Adhere the wreath and bow using Mini Glue Dots. Add a Gold Hoop Embellishment to the inside of the wreath, and some Wonderful Gems around the wreath as well. Add a small Linen Thread bow.
- Adhere a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to a Foam Adhesive Sheet and run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with the Peace Die to create the bottom layer of the sentiment. Cut the top layer of the sentiment using the same set of dies and adhere with multipurpose glue. Adhere the finished sentiment piece to the front of the wreath.
- Use a Stampin’ Dimensional on the back of each oil bottle when placing in the box. This will keep them neatly lined up and will prevent them from moving around in the box.
- Print your oil info, trim, roll, and wrap with a ribbon and a bow. Add a small gift tag with the sentiment of your choice. (Mine is from the Little Treats stamp set and I used the Timeless Label Punch to make a quick and easy tag).
- Place your rolled paper in the box, close the top, tuck in the tabs, and your gift is ready to give!
The Mini Paper Pumpkin Boxes are truly a versatile product and can be used to create packaging for so many different types of gifts! Use them to package notecards, tags, jewelry, oils, treats (they are food safe) and so much more! There is so much you can do with these, and are a must have for holiday gift giving!
I hope you have enjoyed my project today! Please contact me if you have any questions. And please continue on to the next stop on our hop, which is Twila Davis‘ page. You can get there by clicking HERE or by clicking the image below:
Our full hop line up for today is as follows:
Nicolle Belesimo (You are here)
Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy your day!